Christa David is a visual artist, writer and researcher. Inspired by the artistic works of Romare Bearden, Wangechi Mutu, Alma Woodsey Thomas and literary works of James Baldwin, Christa David fuses the mediums of painting, collage and assemblage to create and recreate stories about home, belonging, faith, and identity. In September 2016, after years of “making art in the cracks” (nights and weekends) along-side her demanding work as senior public health researcher New York City, Christa David leaped into making art full-time. Christa David is proud two-time Columbia University Lion, holding Bachelor of Arts and Masters degrees from Columbia University. In 2018, she was named one of ten inaugural Tila Studios’s Garden Fellows. Her work is held in personal collections throughout the United States and has been most recently exhibited at Longwood Gallery at Hostos College in Bronx, NY and PRIZM Art Fair at Art Basel in Miami Beach. Christa David currently lives and works between New York City and Atlanta.
Wanna know and see more? Here's what you can do next...
* sign up for my email newsletter and get a free art print
* follow along on instagram for the scenes and videos from my studio
* tune into my weekly creative entrepreneurship uncensored facebook live show
* keep up with the latest art world happenings on A R T W O R K blog
* get your art fix and check out my curated art boards on Pinterest
Before you go, I made this for you. Click the image to download your FREE art print.