Christa David is mixed media artist, writer and researcher. Fusing the mediums of painting, collage and assemblage, her work examines themes of faith, power, politics and identity. In September 2016, after years of “making art in the cracks” (nights and weekends) along side her demanding work as senior public health researcher at the New York City Department of Health’s Center for Health Equity, Christa David leaped into making art full-time. Christa David is proud two time Columbia University Lion, holding a Bachelor of Arts degree in African American Studies with a Pre-medical concentration and a Masters of Public Health degree in the history of medicine, public health and ethics. Her work is held in personal collections throughout the United States and has been most recently exhibited in a group show titled - Juan Rulfo Turns One Hundred / Juan Rulfo Cumple Cien Curated by Virginia Gris, Blanka Amezkua for the Alexandar Avenue Apt 3A Gallery (AAA3A) in Bronx, New York, and the Hidden Like Gold solo show for the AAA3A gallery in Bronx, New York.
Wanna know and see more? Here's what you can do next...
* sign up for my email newsletter and get a free art print
* follow along on instagram for the scenes and videos from my studio
* tune into my weekly creative entrepreneurship uncensored facebook live show
* keep up with the latest art world happenings on A R T W O R K blog
* get your art fix and check out my curated art boards on Pinterest
Before you go, I made this for you. Click the image to download your FREE art print.